- ergonomics er‧go‧nom‧ics [ˌɜːgəˈnɒmɪks ǁ ˌɜːrgəˈnɑː-] noun [uncountable]the study of how the design of equipment affects how well people can do their work:
• the ergonomics of computer keyboards— ergonomic adjective :
• a comfortable, ergonomic design— ergonomical adjective— ergonomically adverb :
• The factory is well lit, ergonomically designed and air-conditioned.
* * *ergonomic UK US /ˌɜːgəˈnɒmɪk/ adjective► ergonomic furniture or equipment is designed in a way that makes it comfortable and effective for people who use it for their work: »
an ergonomic chair/keyboard/mouse»
Office furniture must meet strict ergonomic standards.ergonomically adverb► »
an ergonomically designed computer mouse
Financial and business terms. 2012.